August 02, 2011

Jim

Jim, age 3
West Orange, NJ (1985)

This picture was taken shortly after my uncle's wedding. You'll be shocked to know, that a few years later I was throwing Wonder Woman themed birthday parties and telling my parents, "When I grow up, I want to be a mommy."


Needless to say, when I did come out 17 years later, everyone's reaction was not
"How did we not know?!" - but rather a collective, "Finally!"

It's not always rainbows and lollipops being gay, but it has gotten so much better.
Even if I'm not a mommy ... yet.

And most nights, you'll find me with family and friends in this exact same pose.
____________________________________________________

3 comments:

the island guy said...

haha that was cute

Just Two Chicks said...

Cute!!

Theaterdog said...

"in the exact same pose." I fell out of my chair on that one.
Beyond cute.
Thanks to Paul and all these beautiful people who contribute to this site, I am filled with pride, lots of it.

bravo all