September 08, 2011

John

John, age 6
Duncan, OK (1977)

I always knew I was "different" and my family could sense it too. Especially my big sister. She was constantly making fun of me, picking on me, and occasionally beating the crap out of me! I finally decided I'd had enough - of her and everyone else - and I learned some stealth moves. Just check my photo!


After standing up for myself, my sister and I became best friends.
And to this day, we are fiercely protective of one another.

Being a confident and self-assured gay kid went a long way in keeping the
rednecks of Oklahoma off my back. And shaped me into the proud and strong gay man I am today.

I also still enjoy breaking out this special move - but in a slightly more private environment. :)

Also check out "My First Gay Crush Blog"

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Reminds me of my relationship with my little sister.

Matthew Morin, CMT said...

omg i love this photo and your last sentence!

Daddy Squeeze Me! said...

OH I JUST LOVE THIS!

Deni said...

Good for you, I was born in Sayre, Ok and it was still backwards when I lived there too hard on my "confused" as they said, Metrosexual son so I moved out of there. Glad you made it!!!! Honestly.