April 13, 2011

Rebecca

Rebecca, age 12
Louisa, KY (1986)

This pic was shot right after I forced my mother to cut my hair short. She had made me have it very long all of my life, all the way down to my butt. And I hated it. I told her that if she didn't cut it for me, I would cut it myself - LOL!


I am the youngest of 4 girls, and as far as I know, the only one who is lesbian.
I had always been a tomboy, but this was about the age that I started noticing other girls.

At this age, my favorite shows were "GI Joe" and "He-Man." I got picked on in school, but not for being gay. No one knew I was gay, or even knows now.
I have not come out to my family yet, but a few of my close friends know.

My message to gay children is to know that a lot of people can be very intolerant.
No matter how good of a person you are, there will always be those who oppose you. But don't let it get to you. Stand strong, and be yourself!

Rebecca's first, famous-person same sex crush:
Jennifer Connelly
_____________________________________________________
JENNIFER CONNELLY 11X14 COLOR PHOTO Out in the Country: Youth, Media, and Queer Visibility in Rural America (Intersections: Transdisciplinary Perspectives on Genders and Sexualities) Jo's Girls: Tomboy Tales of High Adventure, True Grit, and Real Life The History of Lesbian Hair

1 comment:

Daddy Squeeze Me! said...

I enjoyed this. How old are all the sisters and yourself?