January 15, 2011

Ange

Ange, age 5
Victoria, Australia (1985)



This is a pic of me on my Grandma's spare block in the country in Victoria, Australia.

Playing cricket with the boys was how I spent each and every day of my summer. I was always a tomboy - the only girl on the footy team, and the girl who was forced to wear a pink dress.

But also the girl who threw a big enough tantrum that I was allowed to wear sneakers with it.

I think I knew that I was gay as soon as I learned what gay was - but it took me a long time for me to say it out loud.

3 comments:

coulrophobic agnostic said...

The expression on your face cracks me up. I'm guessing you were competitive ;)

Bridge said...

I love! Makes me think of my own little tomboy and your facial espression is worth a thousand words.

Molange said...

I loved kicking the boy's butts more than anything!