January 27, 2011

Glauber

Glauber, age 4
Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil (1994)


Here I am on the phone, pretending to gossip with friends about news and current events. I always had a different way of behaving, and always liked to be near my mother and her friends. And I loved listening to them talk and gossip.

"I love hearing the news!"
By around age 13, I was sure I was "different". Besides the awe I had for my schoolmates, I loved watching "Teletubbies" - and I wanted to be Tinky Winky.

Today, I look at this picture and have a wonderful sense of self pride, because now as an adult, I have the same unique way of showing my personality.

I wish for all young people to understand that being gay is a positive thing about our lives, because it's a way to demonstrate the love of a neighbor.

Long live diversity!


Glauber's first, famous-person same sex crush:
Elton John
And I've always loved his music, too
______________________________________________
Elton John: Tantrums and Tiaras Teletubbies:Here Come the Teletubbies [VHS] Teletubbies: Plush Tinky Winky 14"

4 comments:

Reginaldo Lima said...

This is my friend. I loved this photo. Today he is a special person. Funny so much. Soon i'll sand my own photo. Hhahaha.

See it my blog, please: http://olhosgrandeseabertos.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Até que enfim achei um brasileiro. Queria mandar a minha brincando de "Meu querido ponei", mas nao sei inglês. que droga.

Kathryn Thomas said...

What a beautiful child!

Naya said...

This photo is ADORABLE! He looks so Hollywood in it!