January 19, 2011

Grant

Grant, age 6
Missoula, MT (1996)

"I was born a Little Monster!"
I always liked putting on my mom's square dancing dresses; spinning around and making them twirl. I'd wear her necklaces and clip-on earrings and dance around for hours.

In this photo I had my 'purse' (which is actually a small cooler), and I think I was pretending to be Snow White or some other princess.

I can't remember why I had my hand behind my head, but I was always one for the dramatics.

When I show my friends this photo now, they tell me I was born a Lady Gaga fan because, of my monster paw. 

I knew I was different from a very young age, and knew I was gay from age 10.

But it took me 8 years to accept it. My mom was a single parent, and since I didn't really have many friends, she became my best friend.

She has always supported me in everything I do, from building a Baby Spice robot for a 3rd grade project to loving me for exactly who I am.

My mom is my biggest fan, and I couldn't ask for anyone better.

Grant's first, famous-person same sex crush:

Freddie Prinze Jr.

1 comment:

Abby said...

omg what is a baby spice robot? like from spice girls? you should post pictures of your baby spice robot!