January 18, 2011

Torr

Torr, age 10
Owosso, MI (1977)

I have countless fond memories, but my childhood was not as idyllic as I would have liked. I loved roller skating, although I was only moderately talented. But, it allowed me to get out of the house!

"Pretty, witty and GAY!"

I cannot remember a time when I wasn't impressed by - or drawn to - men, although I didn't realize what it was then.

Later, when family and society pushed dating girls on me, it became a source of embarrassment and shame.

I love that young people today are able to come out with less pressure to be heterosexual.



Looking back at this pic, I am so glad I have it. I wouldn't trade it for anything. In fact, this is the version I used for an invite to my 40th birthday party!

Big thanks to my mom!

Torr's first, famous-person same sex crushes:
Speed Racer, Paul Michael Glaser (Starsky on "Starsky & Hutch")
Tom Selleck ("Magnum PI")

No comments: