January 18, 2011

Kevin

Kevin, age 4
Decatur, Illinois (1958)

In my photo, I had been "helping" my Mom in the kitchen, and there were a couple of oranges handy. So I slipped them under my T-shirt just goofin' around. In the background is a photo of me in a more typical '50's cowboy getup.


I'm as gay as a goose, but I've done drag only twice, on Halloween. So this moment wasn't a precursor of anything but my basic outlook on life - which is to have fun, and don't take yourself too seriously.

I think I first figured out I might be attracted to other boys around 5th grade or so, but I distinctly remember early TV crushes on Wally ("Leave It To Beaver") and Robby ("My 3 Sons"). They were so cute. I liked older boys, to be sure.

But later in life, my attractions got a bit more erratic! :)

Kevin's first, famous-person same sex crush:
Tony Dow (Wally on "Leave It To Beaver")

______________________________________________________

Click here - "Born This Way: Real Stories of Growing Up Gay" book
Click here - "My First Gay Crush Blog"
Click to follow this blog with Bloglovin'

No comments: