Glen, age 4
Los Angeles, CA (1992)

I've always considered myself to be one of the girls. Here I'm with my younger sister.
I remember it so vividly, because this was a moment when I literally took my cousin's pink Barbie Convertible and drove it around the area as if I was "Malibu Barbie". 



Even though I got a similar toy that I could move about in, I wanted the "Pink" one. Looking back at this photo made me realize I wasn't the average boy who played with Tonka trucks and such things. Rather, I enjoyed playing with dolls and pretended I was a girl. I would dress up with towels and blankets, making my own outfits.

But it wasn't until 1st grade when I realized that one of the boys in my classroom was extremely good looking. I wanted to become his best friend only to be closer to him. As I got older, kids my age would notice my mannerisms and realize that I wasn't acting "normal", but acting "gay" or "fruity."

I knew I was gay when I saw Disney's "Cinderella" and loved how she got to wear those glass slippers. That compelled me to start walking in my mom’s pumps. At that moment, I was ready for the ball.

I loved walking down the street in those heels. I felt powerful, liberated, and free to express myself in a way that nobody else could have understood.

Another memory is playing with my mom's long hair. I thought she was so beautiful with that long, wavy look. I wanted to have long hair, just so I could play with it and be able to flip it back and forth as I walked around. 

All these moments are what helped shape me up to the individual I am today.
And I'm very proud to be who I am.

I always follow my heart and ambitions, and live by these words:
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - Eleanor Roosevelt

Glen's first, famous-person same sex crush:
Kevin Costner ("Dances With Wolves")

I loved that naked butt of his!