January 25, 2011

Billy

Billy, age 7
Columbia, S. Carolina (1970)

I am not sure how it all happened -- but I was Born This Way! And obviously, not afraid to work a pair of burgundy corduroy Toughskins in grade school.


From an early age, I had an innate ability to talk to the animals, and wore a big ol' grin while doing it. Whether cuddling a pup, or stroking a puss, my charges always felt love and comfort. It seems kind of fitting now that I volunteer at The Wildlife Waystation helping to give a better life to exotic rescues.

White Tigers, Pumas, & Bears! Oh Yeah!

I will never forget the smell of cologne one of my best friend's uncle wore.
I think it was Polo (yes, circa 1980). It made me dizzy to smell his musk.

Billy's first, famous-person same sex crushes:
Mark Singer &  Christopher Reeve

_________________________________________________

Click here - "Born This Way: Real Stories of Growing Up Gay" book
Click here - "My First Gay Crush Blog"


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you now and would have loved you then