January 24, 2011

Ronnie

Ronnie, age 6
Odessa, TX (1961)


"Wide-eyed innocence"


I'm Ronnie, and this is my first grade school picture, taken in Odessa Texas, 1960/61.

All in all, I pretty much had a "Leave It To Beaver" kind of happy childhood.

But, it was probably around age 12 that I began to realize that I was "different" - when I was allowed to go to the local public swimming pool on my own.






Ronnie's first, famous-person same sex crush:
Dan Blocker & Pernell Roberts (on "Bonanza")

3 comments:

donaldd11 said...

what an interesting blog you have ! i'm very intrigued ... !

www.donaldd11.blogspot.com

North Fifth Street said...

Bonanza!!!

Remember "The High Chaparral" - I liked the cowboys on that one, too.

Rick said...

Hey Ronnie, thanks for the entry. I was born in Odessa, and grew up in Midland. I never imagined there were "others." I got out of there as soon as I could.