February 06, 2011

Jon

Jon, age 10
Washington, IA (1975)

I loved to read - I think there was a book just out of the frame - and I tended to also be kind of hyper. I don't know if you can see it in this small pic, but my fingers are digging a hole in the rug. How's that for a combination!


Looking at this pic now, as an adult, he looks like a sweet kid, who probably needs to take a bath and brush his hair - LOL! And who was also outgrowing his clothes. Honestly, I don't know when I felt different. At this age, I thought some OTHER people were kinda different, though.

I wasn't really aware of pop culture at the time, as we didn’t have a TV. However, I listened to our soundtracks to "The Music Man" and "The Sound of Music" over and over and over, until I had them completely memorized. 

To the kids today I'd like to say:
Isn't it great to be able to bathe and brush your hair and wear clothes that fit?!  Don't take it for granted!

Jon's first, famous-person same sex crush:
Ike Eisenmann ("Escape To Witch Mountain")
With his pretty brown eyes and elfin features, I just knew he’d be the nicest boy.
_____________________________________________________
Escape to Witch Mountain (Special Edition) The Music Man (Special Edition) The Sound of Music (Three-Disc 45th Anniversary Blu-ray/DVD Combo in Blu-ray Packaging) Boys Like Us: Gay Writers Tell Their Coming Out Stories

3 comments:

Cristina said...

Draguta poza!

Olavo Marques said...

GOOD POST!!! GOOD BLOG!!! Is fantastique!

Follow my blog:

http://questoesdefutebol.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I lived in Washington Iowa my freshman and sophomore years. I thought I was the only gay that ever lived there!