February 12, 2011

Tammy

Tammy, age 9
Jamestown, TN (1975)  



That's me, in the hawt red halter top, with my baby brother and older sister.

In retrospect, I knew I was a lesbian by the time I was age 4.

People who say gayness is a "choice" make me laugh and gag simultaneously.

I mean, my God.
Look at me at age 9!


This was also around the time that I jumped off a short flight of concrete steps at my church to impress Greta, a Bible-school classmate. Yes, I remember her name. How could I not? I survived. I doubt I changed Greta's heterosexual orientation. After all, she was BORN THAT WAY.

Today, I'm a sporty dyke, and happy and content with my orientation.
And I love your blog.

1 comment:

Donna and Tom - the coolest middle age couple you know said...

I was born in 1965 and I had a lot of those halter tops. They rocked!

I'm very happy you posted that pic. Very cute.